Thursday 24 May 2012

Nail : Simple comic style

Any of you still haven't see "The Avenger" !?


I just saw it last week and really been loving it... so today I am doing a inspired look from the marvel heros comic style. Well should be more directly the comic style nail tutorial. ^^


This is a very simple classic white nail with BOLD BLACK outline... the result is so fun and cartoony. It makes me laugh even just look at it. ^^


So I hope you enjoy watching this tutorial. Even I know this one might not be that wearable for most of you. Hope you still find this entertaining. ^^


Enjoy~!!!



American comic style really focus on thick, enhanced line and stroke. So I just pick this key element, and put it on my nail... :P


Take a closer look, it is so simple and fun. All you need is a couple of nail polishes and a very steady hand~!!!


Before we start. We will need to prepare below few things:


You'll need:
1) Base coat - Priti NYC #705 2-in-1 Top base coat
2) Opaque white nail polish - Bourjois French manicure #Blanc raffline 91
3) Black nail polish with fine brush - Etude house #05 Metallic black
4) Top coat - Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat


Video demonstration


Instructions:
Step 1) Apply base coat
Apply 1 layer of base coat to protect your nail


Step 2) Apply Opaque white nail polish
Apply 2 layer of white nail polish, we want an opaque white color.
Wait for 10-15 minutes until it dries.


Step 3) Outline your nail with black nail polish
Use a fine brush apply black nail polish to the edges of your nail. You can simply go over the edge with small thin stroke first then touch up the line afterwards. We want "THIN & EVEN" stroke on each side.


Then wait for another 10-15 minutes until it dries.


Step 4) Top coat
Apply top coat for extra shine and longer lasting. Remember to apply generously, light handed and don't forget to apply on the tip as well.


Yeah!!! You're Done with cartoony gimmicky comic style nail.




I even put on a matching outfit for it~ :P




So... Hope you like this comic nail tutorial.
This nail style is all about technique and steady hands. ^^

Thank you for watching. XO

Be sure to check out my 



Follow me @
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gobbyhong
Weibo 微博 : http://weibo.com/gobbyhong


Will see you guys in my next blogpost.

Love,
Gobby

2 comments:

  1. heyy^^ Here i am..
    this tutorial is so cool~
    reminds me of superman or x-man from the comics
    that means your idea on nails is so successful!!
    i would add some 'blinks' on my fore or little finger haha:D
    love your tutorial!! looking forward to your next blog post^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, I am so glad you like it... ^^

    As I found out some of my subscribe think that's so weird to them,
    they even give me a thumbs down T.T,

    but anyway... I don't expect everyone to love this one as it is an inspiration look.
    but it truly means a lot to me, I am glad that you know what I try to express, ^^

    ReplyDelete