Tuesday 8 May 2012

Review : Natural Coconut Oil

Hi Everyone!!!


Today's blog post is about Coconut oil. Not sure if you still remember this big jar of coconut oil I bought from last time iherb.com purchase. This jar of coconut oil is the odorless one which is for your skin and hair but NOT for intake consumption.


So today I will do a review on this amazing coconut oil.
First of all let me tell you about some amazing benefits of coconut oil in the beauty side.






Beauty Benefits:
1) Good moisturizer
Very moisturizing natural oil source which can absorb to your skin really quickly.
Work best on your some dry spot or patches.


2)  Amazing hair treatment
Coconut oil have a very effective influence in dull and fizzy looking hair. It can bring back shine and moisturize the fizzy. I try it a few time use it as an overnight treatment. My hair feels incredibly soft and fizz free... AMAZING!!!


3) Sun protection
Although the sun protection effect is not enough for a regular sun-bath usage. It can tolerant to an average sun exposure of SPF 5. Well very basic but will be great for those who want a natural tan but don't want sun burn. ^^


4) Makeup remover
Due to its oil base nature, can remove most of the waterproof and sweat-proof makeup. I will demonstration on how I use coconut oil to remove my makeup :P. (You can jump to the pictures below)


Before we go in deep to the demonstration part, I want to tell you a little bit more on the coconut oil nature.


Coconut oil nature:

Natural coconut oil have a melting point of 25°C so when the temperature rise, it will melt. 


Say in the summer time, Hong Kong usually around 32°C-37°C, coconut oil will definitely in liquid form. But when in winter time when temperature is around 12°C-18°C, coconut oil will be in solid form. haha~

Okay, the below picture I take in the winter time while the temperature is around 14°C. And my body temperature is around 27°C... so the solid coconut oil on my hand will melt. See it dripping off from my hand!?





And my big jar of coconut oil appears to be like this :P.




The is the photo I take a few days ago while temperature is around 32°C.!!!
Real hot!!! So it is in liquid form.



Okay... back to the real test!!!


As makeup remover:
I start off with my daily face makeup, foundation, eye brows, waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. Lip and cheeks I barely wear any. ^^


Simply use coconut oil and rub it to my face gently. Mainly focus on my eye area as I want the coconut oil to break down the most difficult to remove waterproof eye liner and mascara.


You see... it completely melt them off !!!




This is my bare face with no makeup. It completely melt it off and my skin feels so soft afterwards !!! Love !!!




Pros:
1) Natural oil without any toxic chemical
2) Nourishing and remove all makeup at the same time. 
3) Inexpensive (HKD$40 for this big jar)
4) Versatile usage (Not just to remove makeup, can be use as hair treatment as well)


Cons:
1) You will need double cleansing


As coconut oil will form back to solid when in cool temperature. So when you wash off your face, DON"T splash your face with COLD water. The coconut oil will cool down and form an oil film on your face.... You will feel greasy instead of refreshing... >.<


Instead of COLD water, you should use luke warm water to clean your face.
For the best result, I use cleansing milk again to clear all the makeup residue on my face as a second clean.


So the most difficult job (Waterproof eyeliner and mascara) - I will leave it to my coconut oil for a gentle and throughout clean but less difficult job (other face mekup) - I will still use my gentle cleansing milk.


Yes it may be annoying in certain way, but in a more natural and organic alternative other than using a regular eye makeup remover. I like my coconut oil better. ^^


So... Hope you like this post and find it helpful. ^^
Thank you for watching. XO

Be sure to check out my 



Follow me @
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gobbyhong
Weibo 微博 : http://weibo.com/gobbyhong


Will see you guys in my next blogpost.

Love,
Gobby

2 comments:

  1. hi,,it's me :P
    this coconut oil seems very amazing that it can use for skin care,hair treatment and also removing makeup!! and its form is so funny lol
    can't believe it just only HKD40 to own. Love your sharing^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lot of beauty usage but is kind of annoying to use in the winter time~ ^^
      But it would be perfect in the summer as it will stay in oil form. :P

      I especially like to use it for hair treatment~ !!!

      Delete