Monday 23 January 2012

Nail : Basic - Nail Care Rountine




Hi Everyone, Happy Lunar New Year!!!
Today I am going to share with you my go-to basic nail care routine.




Actually my basic nail care is really simple, I try to keep it low maintenance and as easy as possible. Thanks for everyone who compliment on my nails. I do take good care of it to achieve good nail foundation.


My key is to keep the damage to the lowest, don't always expose your nail to skin drying acetone and other toxic chemical that could ruin your nail.


So, for those who are interested in this topic, please keep reading. LoL


The following content will break down into 3 sections.
  • Nail polish removal
  • Nail clipping
  • Secret tips
Before we go into the actual procedures, we need to prepare some necessary which is very basics I am sure all of you have those tools at home.
  1. Cotton pad
  2. Nail polish remover
  3. Nail clipper with nail file
  4. Great base-coat of any kind (Make sure it is safe and non-damaging)
  5. Your favorite color nail polish
Nail polish removal



As you see I am wearing a very Bold color from the start, which is perfect to show you how bold color polish is way more difficult to remove and involve more patient. ^^

Step 1: Cleansing
This step is a general cleaning to remove most of the nail polish from your nail.

Step 2: Double clean
To further deep clean, this time we go over the same procedure but focus more on the gab between the nail and your finger and also nail bed to complete remove the stain. 

See how double clean makes a different...^^

Before

Double clean left-over

After

Step 3: Shower
After cleansing, I will probably go for a shower which is a perfect time to get rid of any left-over coloring and also acetone chemical on your nail. And of course after shower you will need some body lotion which makes this step a one-step to clean and pamp your nail at once. ^^

Nail clipping

Step 4: Nail clipping
When comes to nail clipping, as my nail tends to have a round shape at the root. I always go for a straight and flat style when clipping my nail which makes my nail more elegant and not too girly. (Just my personal preference, girls with round shape nail is too girly... :P)

So when clipping my nail, I will first go straight across. Leave about 1-2mm away from the skin. Never get to close to the skin, if you want to grow your nail faster and longer. 


Too close to the skin will easily cause those tissue towards to end to shrink and move backward. Which I am sure you probably don't want to. ^^





So after I clip straight across, I will then trim the 2 shape edges at both side. Just to avoid my nail from break apart at the corner. Just a pure mechanic theory ... haha~

After

If you find your nail is too shape, you can always go over the rough edge with the nail file.
Be sure to do it in 1 direction, back and for will just damage your nail.



Step 5: Base-coat
So afterward all you need is a great base-coat, after that you can...


Step 6: Pain whatever you like...


Secret tips

*Make sure you give your hand a week off every month, your nail also need some rest to get alway from all this chemical treatment.

*In choosing the color of your nail polishes, choose color lend on the pale and not too dark color to avoid color from staining your nail.

Hope you all find this helpful.

Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel:

Until next time.


Good Luck.
Gobby

No comments:

Post a Comment