Wednesday 28 March 2012

Review : "Suncoat" nail polish


Hello everyone~!

Today's topic is - Review on a nail polish brand "SUNCOAT"

I actually purchase 1 of their nail polish from iherb.com and the color is very very pretty… a dual chrome blue and green tone. Most interesting part of this nail polish is that it actually can peel off without any nail polish remover and it is water-base which is healthy for your nail and your body as well. That's why I order 2nd time and purchased a few more of their polishes from 2 of their line "SUNCOAT girl" & "SUNCOAT polish & peel".

First off, let's talk about the different between this two lines. Well basically their formula is the same. The only different I can tell is from color range.


"SUNCOAT polish & peel"

This line is more target to the sophisticated young women which most of their color tend to go to the lady-like and decent color range.






I have purchased the most BOLD blue color out of the range which is this one called "Lovely Lapis" and a brassy brown color called "Capacabana".


Other than that, most of the color is more on the wearable side like - earth tone, warm braze, earthy green, creamy pink …etc. Not too crazy color which will be perfect for office lady.



"SUNCOAT girl"

As by the name, this line is for children and young teen girl. Color range is more fun and bold. Large selection on red hue like - cherry red, sunny shine carol, lovely golden pink, bold yellow … etc.






Moreover, most of the nail polish from this line is dual chrome - meaning that they will have a base color and when light reflect on it will have a 2nd color sheen on it.

You will see what I mean in this picture below…

I have purchased a golden pink dual chrome color called "Eye Candy" together with my 1st purchase one which is "Mermaid Blue". Both of them are lovely color and "Eye Candy" reminds me of goldfish scale. haha~ LOVE!!!






Demo video


Formula

Water-base and organic.

These two lines of SUNCOAT nail polish are using NONE of the following toxin chemicals: Phthalate plasticizers, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Acetates, Alcohol, Glycol ethers, FD&C dyes.

Virtually odor-free. Releases water vapor when applied, not toxic chemical fumes. 

To remove, all you need is soak your nail in warm water, then peel from one corner… which makes clean up so so quick and easy.

Notice

You need a good coat of 2 at least or even 3 to clean grease-free nails to achieve the color you see in the bottle. Dry fully between coats. 

As nail polish will peel off if you soak your nail in warm water (or maybe shower or bath). Extra top coat is need to seal up the nail polishes so it will keep much longer. 

I can wear this nail polish with top coat for up to a week. Really not so bad~ ^^

My thought…

I personally love this type of nail polish. Mainly because they are organic and healthy without toxic chemical. Between the two I even love the "SUNCOAT girl" series much more as the color is more fun to look at.

But nothing is perfect…

I honestly say if you use this type of nail polish you definitely need to prepare more time in coat them layer by layer, which somehow could take an extra 45 mins for you to finish your regular nail routine when compare to using drugstore nail polish.

To me, it is fine. However, for those of you are looking for convenience, quick dry… this might not be a great choice for you.

So keep an eye on it. I think there are still some great brand out there could fulfill all our wanted, great color, dry quick, great consistence, easy to apply and healthy. Hopefully something like this will be in the market soon… ^^

I hope you guys enjoy this review… :P

Make sure to check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/gobihomu

and also my chinese blog
http://gobbyhong.theztyle.com

I shall see you guys next time in my blog post or in my video.

Love,
Gobby










No comments:

Post a Comment